Over the past few weeks the LORD has made me realize many things I take for granted. God has given me so much, but so often I completely miss the fact that I am where I am today because of His grace. I have so much to be thankful for yet I tend to forget the simple everyday things that I have been given on a daily basis. Here are three things that God has revealed to me lately, that I should be more appreciative of.

My Country
America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand. -Harry S. Truman
This weekend was the 9th anniversary of the September 11th terrorist attack on our nation. It has only been 9 years since that dreadful day yet so many forget about the lives lost and the people fighting for our country today. I have the up most respect for the men and women who lay their lives on the line for the sake of this country. I am thankful for the 20 years that my dad committed his life to serve in US Army. We live in AMERICA the greatest country on earth but I tend to take for granted our freedom. I can go to church and read my bible without having to worry if my life is at risk. I have been so conformed to the everyday life here in America, that I have failed to realize what other countries are going through. I will complain sometimes about the food at dinner while in other places in the world, dinner may not even be an option. The LORD is teaching me to appreciate what this country has to offer and helping me remember the price being paid to keep this country, "The Land of the Free and The Home of The Brave"
My Grandparents
Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained by a righteous life. -Proverbs 16:31
In my lifetime I have had the privilege of being able to build relationships with 6 of my grandparents. Most people are lucky to have known 4 of their grandparents so I feel so blessed that I have known 6 of mine. While 3 of my grandparents have passed away, I cherish the memories I had with them. God has recently shown me how fortunate I am to have had these 6 wonderful people in my life. Love, support and wisdom are what I have received from them, and because of that, I am truly grateful.
| David and Attarah Dewhurst |
| Comer and Myrl Holderfield |
| Ralph and Shirley Watkins |
My School
“If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards.” -Paul Bear Bryant
I take for granted the fact that I have an opportunity for education. Believe it or not, The University of Alabama is more than just football. It is full of opportunity's to help you be successful in life. The University is not only educating me but it is guiding me to towards my dreams. It is helping me discover who I want to be and how I can achieve my goals. I am so blessed to go to a school that has so much to offer.
WOW, I just caught up with your blog and I am so proud of you Stefanie.... I love you!
ReplyDeleteYour mom posted this link on Facebook and I had to take a look. I am in awe of your insight, wisdom and spirit Stefanie. Distance has kept us from knowing one another well but we surely must be kindred spirits. God bless you.
ReplyDeleteGreat blog Stef. You ought to go into communications. :) I am proud of your faithfulness to the Lord.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great blog Stef. Your love for family and God really shines through. I also really like the photos!
ReplyDelete