This weekend, I celebrated my 19th birthday. I spent my weekend with my family and friends and thousands of NASCAR fans.
Friday night, my family, Taylor and I went to one of our favorite Mexican restaurants in Hoover. Of course the night would not have been complete without the workers singing happy birthday to me in Spanish and putting the huge fiesta hat on me.
Taylor and Kelsie surprised me with NeedtoBreathe tickets Saturday night. On the bands twitter account they said they would be performing rain or shine, but due to the monsoon in Birmingham that evening they were obligated to reschedule to Sunday. And while NeedtoBreathe is an incredible band, Talladega was my number 1 priority on Sunday, so unfortunately I had to miss out. It was the thought that counts :)
Saturday me and Lauren went to Sips-N-Strokes where you are taught step by step how to paint a certain piece of art. We painted the National Championship painting of course. :)
When I got home my mom had surprised me with a yummy birthday cake. Lacking decoration, she put 3 dice on the 6 side equaling 18, so she topped it off with one large candle equaling 19.
Sunday I celebrated my actual birthday at Talladega Superspeedway. Every April the race falls around my birthday, but this year it was on the actual day, April 25th.
Mom drove dads huge F250 4 wheel drive to Dega. She is not very experienced with that size truck so after Saturdays rain, of course we got stuck in some mud. Just about every guy that goes to Talladega knows how to work a 4wheel drive, so we were in luck. :)

Jr. was in the lead and there were some happy fans, including me!
David Reutimann drove the 00 Toyota National Championship car.
The Grandstands.
Although I am 19 years old and considered an "adult" I feel very young. When my older siblings turned 19 I thought, I am never going to get there. While being an adult has its perks, it also has its down sides. I have to show more responsibility and I am expected to act like a young adult. Growing up in the Dewhurst household, I was the baby. I always got what I wanted and to this day, my family still tells me that I got to do more and I got away with more than any of the other kids. I think this is the reason that it is taking me longer to grow up. While my parents did let me get away with more, it is not their fault that I have not fully matured into a young adult. If I wanted my way I would bug the stew out of my family and they just did not want to put up with it. But now that I am 19 I am realizing how I have wronged them and how I need to step up and act like the lady the LORD wants me to be. I have always been a caring and loving person, but I am learning that those things are not what it is all about. I need to also be the best I can be while taking responsibility for my actions. I may always have my immature side and I may always be my mommas baby, but I am going to start taking full responsibility for my actions. I may be a 19 year old college student but I still have a lot of growing up to do.



I love you Stefanie Elizabeth Dewhurst! and I am very thankful for the lady that you are and are striving to be!!! Stacy
ReplyDelete