Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Iron Bowl 2010

This year I had the opportunity to be a sideline photographer for The University of Alabama and what an experience it was. Alabama football and photography play huge rolls in my life and I am very passionate about both so this was a dream come true. I enjoyed every minute of it (except that time when Auburn sang Rammer Jammer in Bryant-Denny, telling us to go to hell) But other than that, this year was incredible. I have always gone to schools that win, and coming from Hoover High School what do you except :). Once I got to Alabama and we won a National Championship my freshman year, I thought to myself, I would hate to go to a school that doesn't win. But this year I learned something new. It isn't always about winning! Yes it is a very big deal for people like Bear Bryant, Nick Saban and myself, but I finally realized that winning isn't everything. I finally learned that it is about the passion, the fight, the improvement and the relationships, not just the victories. Being on the sidelines this year I got to watch the players and coaches up close and observe how they interact with one another and how much they care about the sport. I think that is why it was so hard for me to witness a loss at the end of the season. I am slowly getting over the loss as I focus more and more on their accomplishments as a team. I am so proud that I had the chance to be apart of Alabama football this year, win or lose (Because at the end of the day we do have 13 National Championships :) 

Although the outcome was rather painful, I loved Iron Bowl 2010. I have been looking forward to this game for 365 days, hoping that Alabama could renew their title as the Iron Bowl Champions. Auburn put up a fight causing us to loose our last regular season game this season. The last quarter of the game was hard to watch, but I still love my team more than ever.  Basically the game went like this. Long story short, Alabama comes out strong, and Auburn finishes stronger. Usually Alabama can pull something out of their sleeve to get a victory, but with Auburn being a 4th quarter team, it made the outcome very unfortunate for Alabama.

We had some great games, amazing plays, and outstanding victories, but we finished the regular season 9-3 ranked #16 and Auburn took its rightful place at #1 (where we were sitting a year ago) Alabama is and will always be #1 in my heart! No matter the outcome......Yay for the best 3 loss team in the nation.  
ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

Here are some photos I took from Iron Bowl 2010.
The CAM NEWTON warming up
Senior tight end, Preston Dial. I am going to miss him
Heisman Winner, Mark Ingram

Fast and Furious 


Auburn head coach, Gene Chizik
Alabama head coach, Nick Saban




Senior quarterback, Greg McElroy
#8 Wide receiver, Julio Jones














Hoovers own, Will Lowey























Yea, Alabama! Drown 'em Tide!
Every 'Bama man's behind you;
Hit your stride!
Go teach the Bulldogs to behave,
Send the Yellow Jackets to a watery grave!
And if a man starts to weaken,
That's a shame!
For 'Bama's pluck and grit
Have writ her name in crimson flame!
Fight on, fight on, fight on, men!
Remember the Rose Bowl we'll win then!
Go, roll to victory,
Hit your stride,
You're Dixie's football pride, Crimson Tide!

1 comment: