Thursday, April 14, 2011

Justin Bieber: How This Hater Became a Belieber (Never Say Never)

Recently I have new obsession. His name is Justin and he's a 17 year old from Ontario Canada. I know you are all thinking; oh he's that little kid that sings that Baby song. Well your right that is him. If you were to ask me 4 months ago what I thought about pop sensation Justin Bieber I would tell you, he's annoying, he has no talent and he has obnoxious fans. Little did I know that I would soon be one of his biggest fans. On December 21, 2010 my opinion of the kid changed drastically.
Some shots I got of Justin Bieber in Birmingham, Alabama on December 21, 2010











Ok so this is the story of how it all began. Of how me, a Justin Bieber hater caught a bad case of Bieber Fever. In the summer of 2010 word broke out that Justin Bieber was coming to Birmingham, and little girls across Alabama began to freak out. At this point in my life I could care less about Bieber and I for sure would not be caught dead at one of his concerts. December rolls around and by this time my 9-year-old sister Savannah has a really bad case of Bieber fever. She has all of his CD's, books, magazines, posters, dolls, EVERYTHING! Well one day I picked up the book "First Steps 2 Forever" that Savannah had purchased at the school book fair. I began reading his life story, and I was blown away. So I thought to myself, I need to see what all the hype is about this kid. I asked around about tickets for the upcoming show and I was informed that they sold out within the first 10 minutes. I wanted to take Savannah for Christmas since I knew how much she loved him. I told her we could go see his concert movie in February and that the movie would be just as good. Well the week of the concert I get a phone call from a friend saying she has two floor seats if we wanted them. At that point I told Savannah that we HAD to go, because I wanted to see what this kid could really do.

So the big day rolls around, December 21, 2010. The day that THE Justin Bieber is in Birmingham. So Savannah and I are in rush hour traffic heading downtown and of course I get in a fender bender. It wasn't my fault but the lady who hit me insists on yelling at me, because that makes everything better right? So we get to the BJCC and I am in an awful mood and there are thousands of little screaming girls running around. I told Savannah this better be worth it. And boy was it.

Justin was 16 at the time and I have never seen a 16 year old with that much talent in my life. He came out on the stage with so much energy. I thought to myself, this cannot be that kid that sings "Baby". During his concert he played the 4 instruments. He's one of the greatest drummers I have ever heard! He also played the piano and the trumpet, but when he started playing acoustic guitar that’s the moment I fell in love. I never knew that Justin had talent, because I thought that the studio just fixed this kid up to make him a pop star. I basically thought he was a product. That was not the case at all. Not only is he very musically talented vocally and instrumentally, he is also an incredible dancer. I left that concert with so much respect for this kid. When I was leaving the concert, I knew I had Bieber fever, but nobody warned me about how fast Bieber fever spreads or how intense it could get.

So the past few months I have been a hardcore Belieber and my Bieber fever has gotten a lot worse after his movie "Never Say Never" came out. After seeing the movie 8 times, I made dozens of Bieber haters beliebers. :) The movie was a concert/ documentary about his life, and it was one of the greatest films I have ever seen. I recommend the movie for anyone. Even if you don’t like Justin Bieber, it is a great film. It tells the story of Justin’s life and how hard he has worked to get to where he is today. It teaches us to never give up. His story is incredible. The movie emphasizes to NEVER SAY NEVER. Justin had nothing growing up and he worked so hard for what he has today. He is constantly reminding people to follow their dreams and to never give up. God is working  in Justin's life and I enjoy watching him be so successful. He has a beautiful testimony and his mothers story is just as amazing as his. I believe that if Justin continues to stay humble and give God all the glory and praise he will go so far in life. He has a great support system and has made such a difference in millions of peoples lives already. He loves the LORD and has such a kind and giving heart. There will always be people that hate him, but this belieber is going to love him no matter what. 
NEVER SAY NEVER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment