Sunday, March 7, 2010

RIP Grandma Dewhurst


This is a re-post of my sister Melanie Swinsons blog:

Last night West Virginia and the rest of the world lost a wonderful woman, Attarah Fay Dewhurst. Grandma Dewhurst, seventy eight, is my paternal grandmother and Caroline's great grandmother and has been battling numerous cancers. Yesterday she found her peace. Grandma Dewhurst knew the Lord, and today He called her home. Although she will be missed by everyone here, she has been reunited with her husband and siblings in heaven.

Last night my younger sister, Kelsie (20) posted this on her twitter account about my other sister, Savannah (8), and it melted my heart. I wanted to share it with you.

"After hearing about the death of my grandmother I found my 8-year-old sister sitting in the corner of her room reading her bible. Whether she understood or not what she was reading she ran to the right place. It's the little things like that that I'm thankful for."

Thank you, Jesus, for my family, here and passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment