Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring Break 2010

This past week I went to Sea Grove, Florida for Spring Break 2010. About 20 of us traveled down to the sunshine state on Saturday and I loved every minute of it. Well not EVERY minute of it (There is always that pinch of unnecessary drama). But for the most part the trip was great. Three of us are students at Alabama while the rest of the majority were students at Auburn, so it was wonderful to be able to spend time with all my friends and catch up on life. He are a few pictures and descriptions of my fun filled week-Enjoy :)

Saturday-After spending hours on the road traveling down to Florida, it was so relaxing to be at our destination and explore our temporary home.

The neighborhood we stayed in was called "The Cottages at Camp Creek." It was right across from the beach and we were walking distance from a few celebrities beach houses. Paris Hilton, Michael Jordan and Kyle Masseys houses made our neighborhood look a little weak, but our area was convenient and very peaceful.



The pool is the center of the neighborhood and bright, cottage style houses surrounded the pool deck. The pool was beautiful but it for sure was not a heated. It was freezing! So when we wanted to relax we would go to the hot tub. You see that small little area on the right? Yes, that was the 4 person hot tub. I am sure the home owners would not be pleased to hear that we had 14 people on average in there at a time :)

A house divided :) Roll Tide!!!


Our Neighborhood






Sunday- This was our first day on the beach. Well me and Brittany's first day on the beach. Do you notice how the sand is desolate? Yeah, well some people just can not handle the windy beaches :)





These are 2 of my best friends. Ana Marie Eagerton and Meagan Barker. They are room mates at Auburn and I loved spending my spring break hanging out with them.

Monday- What a beautiful day it was! The wind had let up and the sun was shining, so it was a PERFECT beach day :)

Monday I met some people from Pelham, Alabama. They owned one of the brown condominiums on the left and they also owned kayaks. They kindly offered me their kayaks every day of the week, so I took up that offer and went on an adventure in the deep blue. I love experience that are free :)





Before we went Monday night out I cleaned Nikky (My Nikon camera) So I decided to take a picture of her. Please tune out my awkward face in the mirror.

Monday evening me and a few of the girls drove about 20 miles down 98 into Destin to visit all of our high school friends. The Zakeri's chaperoned about 25 girls and brought their little one along to join. Walker is adorable!


Tuesday- This day was a very "spur of the moment" kind of day.

Once again I went kayaking on the calm waters in The Gulf of Mexico. This time I dragged a few guys along with me (Just in case I needed them to fight of the sharks :)








Laying on the beach earlier Tuesday morning, a feeling of laziness came across all the girls. We were to lazy to walk up to the house to make lunch, but we were willing to drive to Panama City for a tasty lunch at the Back porch. I think God was trying to get it through our heads not to be lazy, because we had awful service. We were the only people at the restaurant but it took us 2 1/2 hours to be served. By the time lunch was over and we got back to our beach the sun was gone.....Boo Back Porch.....Or should I say boo lazy girls.






Chillin by the pool





Who is the old lady on Brittany's phone you ask? Well that is my great grandmother Myrl Dean Holderfield. All of my friends are convinced that I will be just like her in 60 years so they decided to make her the background on their phones. :)


You know how I said that this day was a "spur of the moment" kind of day? Well this picture explains it all. All of us were sitting at the boys house watching March Madness when Shelby said "Hey yall there is a foam party tonight!" Immediately all the girls put on their bathing suits and cover ups and headed towards Destin.


While hundreds of college students were in the soap suds, a local band was playing their versions of today's biggest hits. It was very entertaining. Who knew you could have such a great time playing in foam!


This is when the story gets kind of funny. Traveling back to our house from Destin in Helen's car.....we are all drenched.....and its windy. We are going the spend limit, but Mr. Officer was suspicious. I mean he had the right to be....It was spring break! He steps out of the car and asks "Are any of you intoxicated?" I was the first to say that none of us had been drinking, but I kept rambling on.....He probably thought I was the intoxicated one. His second question was "Where did you get those x's on your hands?" I quickly told him about the entertaining foam party and then he chimed in about one he had been apart of in Tallahassee. I offered to show him pictures of our evening to prove that we were sober. The officer then went to check out Helen's license. He comes back and his third question was "Have you ever gotten a ticket?" Helen immediately answers in a frightened voice "No Sir."Then he says "Please step out of the car your license is suspended."A few seconds later he starts laughing and insisted that I get a picture of all of our faces.Ha real funny!



Wednesday- Today was St Patty's Day and it was not pretty outside so all the girls insisted on going to the outlets.

Can you figure out who is wearing the boots? :)

I am not the shopping kind of girl and I had no money to spend but this purse sure did catch my eye....Hint Hint, Birthday in April...Cough Cough

This evening we went to the Baytowne Warf in Destin and ate at Hammer Heads. Dad was really pleased to hear that our dining cups we received said "I got hammered at hammer heads" :) Baytowne was full of Irish musicians and dancers. This was the first evening our whole group got to go out together :)





Once we left Baytowne we all went back to the houses and on to the beach. We played a game I'd like to call the "Stefanie" game. I made everyone get in groups of 3 and each team had to come up with 3 original poses. I took the pictures and I was the judge....the prize was a bag of Doritos. These pictures are not posted because some of them were a little too original and a tad pit inappropriate, but it sure was fun!

Thursday- I had my toes in the water and toes in the sand :) It was also the night that everyone gets "cute"and takes pictures on the beach before dinner.


And I know your asking....Do you do model photo shoots? The answer is yes! :)










This is my lovely group of friends. I always tell them to do a funny picture, because simply smiling does not show their true personality....So these are my friends being themselves :)


After we took pictures on the beach we went to Grayton Beach and ate at the Red Bar. I must say it was the best dining experience I have had in a very long time. Even the owner was great....I was blocked in a parking spot and on the way out he offered to get my car out and pay for any kind of damage. Surprisingly he got my car out of a tight squeeze without a scratch. I was so impressed that I even bought a t-shirt.



The LORD paints beautiful sunsets!







Friday- The last day on the beach and the weather was PERFECT! For the last night somebody had an idea of us going into Panama City and "Riding the Strip" to Pineapple Willies.

Well my car was the caboose of this little caravan and 3 hours later we were still in traffic on the awful Panama City strip. I had been on empty for about an hour and a half and I could not see a gas station for miles. The people in my car tried to figure out directions on how to get to this restaurant, but we heard about 10 different ways of getting their. By the time we got gas and figured out where the restaurant was our group of friends has already eaten and left. Oh I forgot to mention, the reason we were going out. We were going out for Emily's 19th Birthday so It was going to be a fun little birthday party. Poor girl was in my car and she didn't even make it to her own party! Panama City is not what it used to be and I do not think I will ever go their again. 6 hours of my life was wasted in a trashy place....Well you live and learn.





Saturday-I was ready to be home. The girls packed in my car and we were home by lunch time. All together it was a wonderful week.....Just a few little bumps in the road but that's life for ya.

2 comments:

  1. Stefanie, I love, love, love your post! My favorite picture is one of the lasts one: the group on the beach. It is so artsy, but it lets you really capture the moment too. You are so talented. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pictures Stef! Very entertaining post also! Love you, Stacy

    ReplyDelete